I feel. And, I write what I feel.
Merely write when I feel :
I miss my high school friends who became mothers, but cannot be reached now.
My heart was beating by overhearing about my sister’s love affair on the hill.
I wanted to hug my exhausted shoulder caused by a beloved male teacher leaving.
I recalled my keenly cyan-green longings for the past.
My churning mind runs away into faint foggy air.
I wanted to hear my mother operating a sewing machine.
Garden Zinnia became bloody dark red due to a full moon.
Rain shower shake my turbulent heart.
I needed courage from a fear of life.
The utmost sincerity is feeling something exactly as it is. Feeling is soul language. Soul language is feeling. But, writing limits my soul language from deep inside. A soul language that cannot be inspired by limited heart.
Now, I reveal these inspired feelings visually. And I call those “soul essays”. They are my visual essays. Some reflected my deep spirit with heart beating ; others were recorded showing my broken heart with grief, and the excitement of longing.
- BFA, PurchaseCollege, State University of New York, 2010
- The Art Students League of New York, 2012-2013
- 2016 Solo Exhibition “Beyond Visual Voice” Piermont Flywheel Gallery, NY
- 2015 Solo Exhibition “Letter-scape” Piermont Flywheel Gallery, NY
- 2013 Solo Exhibition “ My Visual Essay” Piermont Flywheel Gallery, NY
- 2012Solo Exhibition "My Diary in Landscapes" Riverside Gallery, NJ
- Annual Member Exhibition, Edward Hopper Center, Nyack, NY
- “The Primacy of Color II”, NYSWA Group Exhibition, Mikhail Zakin Gallery, NJ
- Affordable Art Fair NYC 2017, New York, NY
- Featured Exhibition “Dynamic Dimensions”, Belskie Museum, NJ
- "Multi Lane II" H.O.V. Group Exhibition, Demouzy contemporary Gallery, NY
- Featured PAC Group Exhibition “Prism of life”, Henry Gallery, PA
- "The Primacy of Color III, NYSWA Group Exhibition, Carriage Barn, CT
- Drawing Room Group Exhibition, Washington Culture Center, WA
- Featured Exhibition “Unfolding The New Aspect”, Flushing Town Hall, NY
- Annual Member Exhibition, Edward Hopper Center, Nyack, NY
- The 37th Annual Juried Exhibition at Monmouth Museum, Lincroft, NJ
- “New York Art Expo”, New York, NY
- OCG Artist Guild Spring Group Exhibition, Greenville, IL
- Juried Member Exhibition, Da Vinci Art Alliance, PA
- Group Exhibition, Montgomery County Community College, Bluebell, PA
- “NEXUS” Exhibition, Art’s Guild NJ’s International JuriedExhibition, Rahway, NJ
- “Syncretized” Drawing Room Group Exhibition, Space 776, Brooklyn, NY
- “The Primacy of Color”, NYSWA Group Exhibition, George Bills Gallery, NY
- PAC Group exhibition “Colors of Korea”, The Henry Gallery, PA
- Group Exhibition “Size Matters”, Piermont Flywheel Gallery, NY
- OCG artist guild spring group exhibition, Greenville, IL
- “Youth Art Award & Invitational Art Exhibition”, Jersey City, NJ
- Featured Exhibition “Bridge to Korea”, IHOUSEPHILLY, PA
- “Replenished” Drawing Club 4th group Exhibition, Hutchins Gallery, NY
- “Something Cool”, group Exhibition, Da Vinchi Art Alliance, PA
- Group Exhibition of NYSWA, Library of Weill Cornell, NY
- “Common Interest” Drawing Club 5th group Exhibition, Nabi Museum, NJ
- “Affordable Art Fair” New York, NY
- “Solstice” Holiday group exhibition, Piermont Flywheel Gallery, NY
- “Aqua Art Miami” Art Fair, Miami, FL
- Featured Group Exhibition “Last Year Show 2015”, Nabi Museum, NJ
- “Member Exhibition”, Edward Hopper House, NY
- “Invitational Exhibition”, Art Transform Gallery, NY
- “Fountain Art Fair” New York,NY
- Drawing Club Group Exhibition “Nature”, Powerhouse Books, NY
- “Emerging-scape” Triple Exhibition, Flushing Town Hall, NY
- PAC Group Show “Unspoken Story”, Da Vinci Art Alliance, PA
- “The First Sextet” Drawing RoomExhibition, Riverside Gallery, NJ
- The 2nd Annual Homeless Benefit Event, NY
- PAC group exhibition, KCC Bennett Gallery, NJ
- Trio Exhibition, Highwire Gallery, PA
- “Artist of the Month (Feb.2013), Edward Hopper House, NY
- Group exhibition "Honor Reward" Phyllis Harriman Mason Gallery, NY
- Member Exhibition, Edward Hopper House, NY
- Group exhibition, Philip Jaisohn Gallery, PA
- Group Exhibition, Manhattan Borough President's Office, NY
- “Journey III “ St.Asaph Gallery, PA
- “Journey II” Da Vinci Art Alliance, PA
- Bolt Art Fair, Tenri Cultural Institute, NY
- Bolt Art Fair, Fullerton, CA
- Annual Member Exhibition of Edward Hopper House Art Center, NY
- “Small But Significant” Philip Jaisohn Gallery, PA
- “Asian:American –Homogenous”, The Asian Art Initiative, PA
- Featured for “Grand Opening Exhibition, Art & Light Gallery, CA
- “Side by Side” Exhibition, Highwire Gallery, PA
- Gwang Hwa Moon Int’lArt Fair in Seoul, Korea
- “Dialog without Walls, Philip Jaisohn Gallery, PA
· Selected work for Manhattan Borough President’s Office, NY / 2012
· Selected work for “Art-Connection” program at Art-Reach, PA / 2013
· The 1st prize of Spring Exhibition of Our Common Ground Artist Guild Gallery, IL / 2014
· Selected Artist at Monmouth Museum 37th Annual Juried Exhibition, NJ / 2015
· Honorable featuring artist of The Artist Portfolio Magazine(5th anniversary, 2016)
· Selected/Featured artist on “The Artist Catalogue”, Vol.4-Issue 4,Winter 2015
Korean KTC TV Broadcast Interview : https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9eee9fv2h50mhz/INT_Sue%20Im%20Koo.mp4?dl=0
SelectedArtist, The 37th Annual Juried Exhibition at Monmouth Museum, Lincroft, NJ / 2015
Selected “NEXUS” Art’s Guild NJ’s International JuriedExhibition, Rahway, NJ / 2016
· The 2nd prize of Fall Exhibition of OCG Artist Guild Gallery, IL /2016
· The third prize at Da Vinci Art Alliance Juried Member Exhibition, PA / 2016
· Theressa L Davis Hope Center, PA
· Camphill Village Kimberton Hills, PA
· Korean Community Center, NJ
· Many Private Collections
· Member of Philadelphia Art Connections, PA
· Member of Edward Hopper Center, NY
· Member of New York Society of Women Artists, NY
· Member of Drawing Room, NY
· Member of Da VinciArt Alliance, PA